Wednesday 17 September 2014

SHORT STORY 3: TWELVE AND NOT STUPID

TWELVE AND NOT STUPID
                                 
By Zuraidah Omar

SUMMARY

Papa is late.  It has been two hours and people who were in and out from the Kong’s Mini Market will glance at me.  Papa will pick me after I finish school.  When Papa finally arrive, I saw one woman sit at the passenger seat near the driver.  I fell asleep and woke up when we reach at an apartment.  On the way home, Papa asked me not to tell Mama about Auntie May.  I became quiet when dinner time and whenever I close my eyes I saw Auntie May’s face.  One day, we went for a dinner.  I was shocked to see Auntie May and a boy about 10 years old in a room that Papa booked.  While eating, I heard the adults talking.  On the home, everyone were quiet.  Before step out of the car, Auntie May said she will properly invite me to her house next time and left Mama wondering.

                                                                                                                             (154 words)

QUESTIONS

  1. If you were ‘I’ in this story, what would you think of the relationship between Papa and Auntie May? Provide some reasons.
-       I would think that Papa and Auntie May have some kind of special relationship.  This is because Papa fetch me late and asked me not to tell Mama about Auntie May.

  1. Do you like the story in general? Why?
-       Yes, because this story makes me feel curious and think that this family will be in disaster if I tell Mama the truth about Papa seeing Auntie May and the climax of this story makes anyone think that Papa wanted to cheat on Mama and makes their only daughter feel guilty for lying to Mama.

  1. Imagine that you are going to film this short story.  Describe the films in terms of the choice of actress/actresses, scenes and place.  Provide some reasons.
-       If I were going to film this short story, I will pick actresses that can make others see and feel the love of the mother to her family.  The mothers must play an active and excellent role to play the role of the mother for 12 years old girl.  As for the scenes, I will add a little bit of dramatic scenes that can make people to be more curious about what happens in the next episodes.  Last but not least, the selection of the place would be somewhere that looks modest but modern so that it will save more budget.

1 comment:

  1. i need the full of the synopsis for this story..cbecause it some difficult to understand.

    ReplyDelete